Healthy Christmas Pudding Recipe
Life is too short to deprive yourself at Christmas and if you love your pudding, here’s a berry-bake passion fruit low-calorie pudding recipe that won’t ruin your diet.
- 100g/4oz low-fat spread
- 85g caster sugar
- grated zest and 1 lemon’s juice
- 1 egg
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- 200g apple sauce
- 140g raspberries,blueberries or blackberries (or a mixture)
- 50g brown sugar
- 2 passion fruits, halved and pulp scooped out
- Low fat yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C.
- Slightly grease a medium baking dish with 1 tsp of the spread. Put the remaining ingredients, caster sugar, lemon zest, egg, flour, baking powder and yogurt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together for 2 minutes and stir in the apple sauce and the berries.
- Spread the batter into the prepared dish and level the surface. Bake for 25-30 mins until the sponge is golden brown and firm in the centre.
- In the meantime, mix lemon juice, demerara sugar and passion fruit pulp together.
- Remove pudding from the oven, lightly prick the surface with a fork and drizzle over passion fruit mixture.
- Serve warm with low-fat vanilla ice cream or the yogurt.
So finish off your Christmas feast with this traditional recipe and let us know if it was finger-lickin good!