Digital Detox – How To Do It And Why Is It Good For You?
A recent study has established that an average person spends more time on devices than he or she sleeps! The average time spent on devices is 8.5 hours, while the average time of sleep is 8 hours. This is a glaring testament to how much the human race has become reliant on technology in our daily lives. This is exactly why a ‘digital detox’ – an extended period of time without the use of digital devices – is recommended!
Let’s see the steps needed to take to embark on a digital detox:
- Assess: The devices you spend the most time on in a day are the ones that need to go! Set a time period for your detox and resolve to not using any of the devices in that period.
- Begin: This is the toughest part. You need to find alternatives to the things you use your devices for – be it checking in on your friends or just spending some time alone. Go hang out with your buddies or pick up that old forgotten hobby again!
- Reflect: During and after the detox, it is important to reflect and think about what you could do better after your detox is over. Your perspective towards social interactions and life altogether might change for the better!
What the detox will do for you:
- It will help you sleep better.
- It will give your eyes some much-needed rest.
- You will feel more productive.
- It will improve your interpersonal relationships.
- It will help you understand and plan your daily life better.
The above-mentioned benefits are only a few of many! Go on a digital detox, and let us know what other benefits you’ve experienced in the comments!