We’ve all heard of using coconut oil to keep our skin and hair moisturized. Another commonly-found natural moisturizer you can use is shea butter! Something about the name just sounds luxurious, doesn’t it?
What is shea butter?
Shea butter is a superfood that comes from the seeds of the fruit of the Shea (Karite) tree and is naturally rich in vitamins A, E and F. It’s Vitamin E content makes this butter a good anti-ageing agent.It offers UV protection (it is SPF -6) and keeps your skin in optimal health.
Check out the benefits shea butter has on your skin and hair below!
Benefits of Shea Butter for the Skin
- Moisturizes Dry Skin
- Treats Acne And Blemishes
- Reduces Skin Inflammation
- Is an Anti-Aging And Anti-Free Radical Agent
- Provides Relief To Itchy And Peeling Skin
- Reduces stretch marks
- Helps Soothe Skin And Baby Diaper Rash
- Excellent for lip care
Benefits of Shea Butter for Hair
- Repairs Damaged Hair
- Prevents Hair Loss
- Treats Split Ends And Breakage
- Effective Natural Conditioner
- Keep Rebel Curls In Place
- Soothes Dry And Itchy Scalp
Additional Benefits of Shea Butter
- Soothes Muscle aches
- Wound healing
- Treats Insect bites
- UV Protection
Ask your dermatologist or a skin specialist before using shea butter – especially if you suffer from skin conditions. Store it out of direct light or heat, because shea butter normally expires within 12-24 months.
Have you ever used shea butter? Did it work for you? Let us know in the comments below!